Does getting too far from an electric outlet make you skittish because you're afraid of your phone dying while driving between cities or going on a camping trip? Have no fear. Off grid charging is much easier than most realize and also affordable. Below are some of our favorite ways to charge up your USB-compatible devices.
Solar Cell Phone Charger
This Solar Cell Phone Charger is the perfect companion for any outdoor adventure because of its rubber water resistant, dust proof, shock proof, drop resistant and non-slip outer shell. Included with this product is a built in emergency LED torch, LED charge display, and hidden dual USB/micro charging port.
Uses: Supports iPhones, Android phones, GPS devices, cameras
- Color: Black
- Charging Time: 4 - 5 days of full sun
- Includes an emergency LED torch and hidden dual USB/micro charging ports
- Built-in 20 Wh lithium polymer battery
- 0.2 W mono-crystalline solar panel
- Shockproof rubber exterior provides a non-slip surface
- LED light-up to display charge level
- Includes USB power charging cord for non-solar charging
- Includes black carabiner for portability
GoSun's 10 Watt Solar Phone Charger is a long lasting powerhouse for charging your devices using nothing but sunshine. Just connect to phone and place in the Sun. Under full sun, this will charge about at fast as a typical wall outlet charger.
- Folds in half for maximum portability
- Fits devices and digital products that have a standard USB connector
- Plastic laminated fabric for maximum durability and water resistance
- Charges steadily through USB outlet at up to 2 Amps to trickle charge directly via available solar power
- Unfolded Size: 10.5 in x 13.7 in x .01 in
- Folded Size: 10.5 in x 7 in x .02 in
- LightWeight: 0.65 lb (0.29kg)
- Maximum Power: 10 Watts
- 5V 2A USB Charging Port
GoSun Chill's Battery
The GoSun Chill's portable lithium battery pack is basically a mini power plant.
Beyond powering the Chill, it can also charge your phones (up to three at once), any USB-enabled electrical device, and even power the GoSun Fusion, letting you cook your food and keep it hot while keeping your drinks cool.
With its powerful output of 15 amps at 12 volts, it's essentially one of the only batteries of its kind that can power all 12 volt devices. These include such electrical devices as air compressors and fans.
Don't believe us? Here are the specs of the Chill's battery pack:
- Output Interface: DC, Micro USB, Triple USB, USB/DC
- Input Interface: MICRO USB/DC
- LED Lamp Illumination
- Battery Type: Li-Polymer Battery
- USB output: 5V/2.4A,DC5V/1A,DC5V/2.4A
- Cigar Lighter output: DC 12/15A
- Voltage: 12V
- mAh (milliamp hours): )38,000 mAh; can charge an iPhone 6-10 times!
- Weight: 975 g (2.1 lbs)
In sum, its sleek and portable design packs a punch. It charges the Chill, charges several types of electrical devices at once, and is a great portable power bank for emergencies.