The GoSun community has done an incredible job of coming up with recipes for their solar cookers. One of the most popular things to do has been baking bread with solar power. These recipes include everything from french bread to baguettes to white yeast loaf.
Scroll down to see some of the best recipes the community has put out.
Recipe #1: White Yeast Loaf
1 teaspoon yeast
1 teaspoon sugar
Kneaded 10 minutes
30 minutes in Fusion, closed
50 minutes tube cracked open
Recipe #2: Bread Rolls
Recipe: 1tsp yeast,
175ml / 3/4 cup warm water
1 tsp sugar (if you like) I usually don’t
3 TBLSP yogurt plain
2 TBLSP olive oil
250g / flour (50% plain/ all-purpose & 50% strong white bread flour)
1 tsp salt
1/8 tsp baking powder
1. Activate yeast in warm water (& sugar if using)
2. Add yogurt & oil
3. Sift flours, salt & baking powder and add yeast mix. It makes a wet mix so add more flour if you don’t like sticky fingers!
4. Knead bread for 10 mins
At this point, you can put it to rise or if I don’t need it I put it in the fridge and take out what I need as and when. I have left it up to 2 days in the fridge so far and it does a slow rise. This is for when I’m making naan. For the rolls, I made the mix yesterday and cooked for lunch today. Obviously, for the rolls I let them rise before cooking.
Recipe #3: Cinnamon Raisin Swirl Bread
- 1 cup (6 ounces) raisins
- 1 cup (8 ounces) warm water
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
(8 ounces) milk, whole, 2%, or skim
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) unsalted butter, melted
2 teaspoons salt
- 5 1/2 to 6 cups (1 pound, 11.5 ounces to 1 pound, 14 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 large egg beaten with 2 teaspoons warm water
Leave a response
Responses will be approved before showing up.