Solar stoves let you cook tasty food anywhere on planet earth with no need for electricity or kerosene cans. Older models were long plagued by not working in anything but optimal sun conditions, but GoSun has solved that problem with its next-generation lineup of solar stoves. Below are the best solar stoves you can find in the new year.
We realize that "best" means something different depending on your needs. Do you need portability? Then the Go is right for you. How about being able to cook day or night? The Fusion it is. What about speed? Nothing goes faster than the Sport.
Scroll down to see why we think these are the best solar stoves for 2021.
GoSun Fusion: Versatility Champ
The Fusion’s hybrid solar/electric technology enables cooking anywhere, anytime thanks to the oven's vacuum tube, known for its advanced thermal performance. Five times more efficient than a normal oven cook meals with the energy needed to power a lightbulb.
Here's a short video that explains how the Fusion works.
If you happen to be out of power and sunlight, the GoSun Fusion can be powered from anything that can provide 150 Watts at 12 volts. This includes 12V outlets or a power source from carport jacks (cigarette lighter port), boat or RV battery, and much more*.
A great way to power your GoSun Fusion is with the optional, lithium-ion battery Powerbank. Just recharge your Powerbank with the provided AC adapter (wall plug) after your adventure and you’re ready to do it all over again.
Cooking under the Sun is always nice with a solar cooker, but GoSun operates under a wide range of conditions; cloudy, freezing, muggy, snowing, windy, dusty, or nighttime, nothing is off-limits.
A lightweight solar oven that can go anywhere, the GoSun Go lets you forget cooking fuel and still bake, boil, fry, steam or roast in almost any weather.
• Works the same year-round; the tube's insulation means there's no temperature too cold to cook. It works in any weather, even on a cloudy day
• 2 lb. protected package zips into a durable EVA foam hardshell case
• Cooks most meals in 20-30 min. with a 13.5oz/400ml capacity
• Boil water and make 13.5 oz of tea or coffee in approximately 30 min.
• Great for dried foods: just tilt vertical to boil liquids and pour into the bag
• Once heated, liquids stay hot and ready for hours
• Cooking from 360° so there's no reason to worry about burning
• Includes: solar vacuum tube, built-in hard shell zipper case, GoSun dial, stainless steel cooking tray, silicone cap, silicone GoSun cooking pans, scrubby brush for cleaning
• Heats up to 550°F
• The strength of your shadow is a great indicator of the oven's current cooking power; the darker and sharper, the better
Heat Output (per burner): Full sun: 50+ watts
Dimensions: Closed: 14.2 x 7 x 3.4 inches
Weight: 2 pounds
Rounding out the solar cooker offerings is the GoSun Sport.
The GoSun Sport is our fastest and best selling solar oven. It can bake, roast, and steam a meal for two people in just 20 minutes under direct sun. It's light and compact so you can take it anywhere. The perfect mix of portability, power, and speed.
- Quickly reaches temperatures up to 550 degrees F
- Portable and lightweight for cooking on the move
- Durable and collapsible makes for easy setup and storage
Leave a response
Responses will be approved before showing up.