- 4 carrots cut ends to a bit longer than bun length
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (gluten free soy sauce) or liquid amigos
- 1 tb rice vinegar (made from glutenous rice to avoid gluten)
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 capfuls liquid smoke
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp dried ginger
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp onion powder (make sure it's gluten free as wheat flour can be used as an anti-caking agent)
- olive cooking spray or 1 tsp of olive oil
- 4 hot dog buns (for the ultimate healthy experience try the gluten free hot dog buns from Trader Joe’s)
1. Bring half pot of water to boil
2. Add carrots and reduce to medium heat.
3. Cook for about 10 minutes.
4. Marinade: While the carrots cook, mix all ingredients in a separate container that can fit the carrots and has a lid and stir together well.
5. Cook carrots until a fork slides in easily, but before they get mushy
6. After removing the carrots run under cold water to stop the cooking process.
7. After the carrots have cooled, Put them in the marinade, making sure they are completely covered and refrigerate for 24 hours.
8. Shake them or rotate them once at the half way point.
9. When finished marinating them, cook them in the Gosun Sport for 20- 50 minutes depending on sun and desired tenderness.
BASIC DOG - Add condiments such as the standard, relish, mustard, catsup, pickles, slaw. Or get creative with minced onions, avocado, mushrooms or whatever your heart desires...
HAWAIIAN DOG - red onion, pineapple, teriyaki sauce
CHILI CHEESE DOG - chipotle chiles, jalapeño peppers, avocado, onions, cheese
Lastly, Enjoy the Meal!