This solar oven recipe was submitted by our friend Jesi. He is quite passionate about solar cooking and should be encouraged to create meals like this as often as possible. And yes, he has knife skills.
Yield: 4 Tacos
Prep Time: 15 minutes + Marinate Time = Approximately 1 hour
Total Time: 2 1/2 hours
2 large roma tomatos
1 clove garlic
¼ small white onion
1 TB white vinegar
1 chipotle en adobo
1. Puree all the ingredients and pour over strips of boneless skinless chicken thighs. Let this marinate for an hour or two at least, preferably a full day or two.
2. Preheat your goSun for 20 minutes.
3. Drink a Corona.
4. The trick now is to let the chicken drip off as much marinade as possible before putting it in the cylinder. This lets the liquid run off, and you can get a sear on the chicken.
5. Don’t throw that delicious marinade out though. After 10 minutes, we are going to drizzle it back on top of the chicken and let the sun simmer our tacos to a smoky, chipotle spiced taco beach party.
6. Give it 20 minutes and the vacuum sealed tube will trap in all that heat and moisture making the perfect shredded chicken to fold into warm tortillas, top with fresh Pico de Gallo, and wedges of lime.