GoSun Thermo temperature gauge come with a LCD screen, free App (find GoSun Thermo at App Store), and extended probe cord for a wide range of uses. It reports temperature immediately on screen and back to your phone. Finally, the App sends an alert to your phone when your food is ready at your pre-selected temperature.
Thermo | How It Works
How do I set my Thermo to alert me at a certain temperature?
1. With the Probe , push 'Set Preset’ to adjust the food type. The target temperatures for each food type are editable within this menu.
2. Enjoy some sunshine while the GoSun works its magic!
3. Both the app and the Thermometer device will sound an alarm when the food reaches the target temperature.
Easy as that!
What type of batteries are required for the unit?
Two AAA batteries. The initial use batteries are included in the package.
What is the probe cable made out of?
It is made out of Teflon and can be heated up to 380° C / 716° F without malfunction.
How do I use the probe in the GoSun?
1. Release the Probe from the body of the Thermometer so that it is in the ‘Extended Probe Configuration’ (see figure below).
2. With your food in your GoSun Tray and the Thermometer switched on, insert the Probe into desired food. For an accurate temperature reading, position the Probe so that its point is as close to the center of your piece of food as possible.
3. Slide the GoSun Tray closed with the Thermometer inserted so that the cord sits in the notch cut out of the silicone gasket.
How do I pair the Thermo with my device?
A. Download the App
Search the keyword ‘GoSunThermo’ in App Store or Google Play. Download and install it for free. Compatible Devices include:
- Apple Devices: iPhone 4S and newer, iPod Touch 5thgeneration and newer, iPad 3rd generations and newer
- Android: All devices running version 4.3 or later with bluetooth 4.0 module
B. Turn on the Thermometer
Press and hold the Power ON / OFF button for more than three seconds to turn on. The LCD display will read
NOTE: If the probe is not plugged into the Thermometer, it will power o automatically
C. Pair with your mobile device
1. Enable the Bluetooth on your device.
2. Launch the app and follow step-by-step guide in the app to pair and activate the two devices.
3. Once you’ve paired the Thermometer to your mobile device, they will automatically find and pair to each other when both devices and Bluetooth are switched on.
- power bank
- phone charger
Having just received the Thermo I’m wondering if you could point me to a resource that would better explain how to use this device? I’ve made a post on the Community site but have not elicited any real positive feedback on its usefulness. Basically if I use the app to select an option it gives me a recommended temp but to what benefit, if you are unable to not only preheat but also to maintain that temperature ? As I see it the Thermo really just allows me to see how it’s heating without having to open the tray and unnecessarily lose heat. I don’t understand the constant ( sudden) reminders that I have reached / exceeded the apps recommended temp. What’s the point of that ? The very nature of the heating set up is that it basically goes up and up ie it’s thus destined to go way over the apps recommended temp. Or am I missing something here ? Are we meant to take it off the solar dial so the temp drops and stays within the apps recommended temp? I’d really appreciate if you could outline the fundamentals in using the Thermo please Post Script - it should record how long you are cooking and I’d recommend it more for the electric option
I consider this to be an essential accessory for use with my Fusion Solar Oven. The thermometers' bluetooth function allows me to do other tasks until my cell phone alerts me that my target temp has been reached. When my thermometer stopped working I was pleased that you sent me a replacement so quickly so that I could get back to cooking with my Fusion. I give this product 5 stars on all topics.
My favorite thing about these panels is that you can hang them from anywhere. They come with little carabiners that make it easy to hook onto anything so that they're out of the way and in the sun! They reliably charged my phone and camera every day for a week of partly cloudy weather - I attached them to my tent and never had to worry! They looked super cool on the outside of the tent too :)