GoSun has always run full speed toward the future. We’ve been making award-winning solar cookers, coolers, lighting fixtures, and water desalinators. Now we’ve managed to put everything together in one complete package. The GoSun Dream is the pinnacle of our vision for a solar future. Live anywhere under the Sun, free from reliance on anyone or anything. Its a tiny house that makes living off grid easier than ever.
The GoSun Dream is a 195 square foot home that is designed to last over a month off grid. It weighs about 11,500 pounds. It measures 8.5 feet wide, 22 feet long, and 13 feet tall.
It is powered by a solar array, lithium ion storage batteries, a generator that can also be connected to the grid, along with an interactive sine-wave inverter. Energy is saved by low-flow faucets, a composting toilet, and a 40 gallon fresh water tank.
The Dream has been attracting national and international media attention. Here’s a run-down that Business Insiderrecently gave of the Dream.
- 195 ft²
- Main floor (165 ft²)
- Bed (30 ft²)
- 8.5 feet (2.6m)
- 22 feet (6.7m)
- 13 feet (3.7m)
- Approx. 11,500 lbs (5,216 kg)
- Solar PV Array, Multi-Directional Mounts, Rails
- Lithium Ion Energy Storage Battery
- Grid and Generator Interactive Sine-Wave Inverter
- Automatic Energy Recovery Ventilation (ERV)
- Optional Electric Awning with Auto Retract
- Low Flow Faucets and Atomizing Shower
- 40 Gallon (150L) Fresh Water Tank
- 25 Gallon (95L) Grey Water Tank
- 25 Gallon (95L) Black Water Tank
- High Efficiency Air Conditioner
- Electric Queen-Sized Bed Lift
- GoSun Chill: Portable 40L Fridge
- GoSun Fusion: Hybrid Solar+Electric Oven
- GoSun Flow: Water Purification and Sanitation System
- GoSun Solar Table: 120Watt Charger and Collapsible Table
- Biomimetic, Silent Overhead Fan
- High-Efficiency Fridge
- Dual Burner Propane Stove
- Range Hood Vent Fan
- Diaphragm Water Pump and Pressure Tank
- Efficient Propane Space Heater
- Efficient On-Demand Propane Water Heater
- Flush Toilet, optional Composting Toilet
Sherwin say s the home was designed to be "durable, versatile, and super energy efficient" with elements like sloped walls, solar systems, and a bed that can be electronically lifted.
If you want to move it around, the Dream can be towed by a three-quarter-ton or one-ton pickup truck. We decided to take the "home on wheels" approach because it's cheaper, easier, and more eco friendly to create than a foundation-based home, according to Sherwin.
"Our customer base wants independence and resilience," Sherwin said. "A home that can move provides more freedom, fun, and flexibility."
Business Insider notes that GoSun's Dream tiny home includes a kitchen, bathroom, raised queen bed, and a seating area that can convert into another bed. Unsurprisingly, the tiny home is filled with its maker's proprietary products, such its portable solar-powered kitchen.
The Dream will be available in 2021 and starts at $69,500. It's already wildly popular. "Deposits are coming in, calls are coming in, new ideas are flooding in," Sherwin wrote. "It seems there's a tremendous amount of interest, perhaps even for communities of tiny homes."
The Dream is spacious. It can accommodate up to four people and is filled with GoSun appliances that can operate off-grid with the help of the tiny home's power systems.
There are two beds for the four people: one lofted queen bed that can be electronically raised or lowered, and another bed that converts into a banquette-style dining and work area.
Business Insider breaks down the specs in more detail:
Other power systems include lithium-ion batteries and an inverter. These systems can also be upgraded if you want to stay off-grid permanently, depending on the final location of the tiny home.
"There is a shortage of housing in many places, and it seems very few builders are thinking about whole systems, energy efficiency, solar, [and more]," Sherwin writes.
The tiny home also includes GoSun's water purifier and sanitation system, and 40-gallon fresh, 25-gallon grey, and 25-gallon black water tanks. But the Dream doesn't have to be operated off-grid. It can also be used at locations such as RV resorts or personal properties with its power, cable, water, and waste hook-up points.
Leave a response
Responses will be approved before showing up.