Camping cutlery is annoying. Most people bring along single-use plastic utensils that quickly fill up your trash can and scatter around the campsite. Worse yet, they are an environmental disaster.
Plastics--the material out of which camping cutlery is made--make up the entire top 10 items list collected during the Ocean Conservancy’s International Coastal Cleanup, with plastic forks, knives, and spoons taking the number 4 spot (they found 1,968,065!). If this trend continues, by the year 2050, there will be more plastic in the ocean by weight, than fish.
So what can we do? We can make a better, more sustainable choice with our camping cutlery! Here is GoSun's solution to combat the single-use plastic problem, and keep the whales - and oceans - happy and healthy for years to come.
GoSun's Flatware replaces single-use plastic utensils. It's the only reusable utensil set that can actually fit into your wallet, so you don't need to remember to bring it with you. With Flatware, you'll never have to reach for the single-use plastic again.
Shop GoSun Flatware ➞
A solar flashlight is one of the best gifts for backpacking available. It doesn't depend on energy-sucking batteries, which are worth their weight in gold when far from any electrical outlet.
Solar powered lights do not need to be manually recharged as in the case of conventional battery operated flashlights. Also, from an environmental standpoint they are completely carbon neutral. They can be used in remote conditions where it is impossible to find any source of power.
Our Solar Flashlight is the perfect addition to your kit. It has multiple modes, including a lantern mode. It has a built-in rechargeable battery so that you can recharge with either your GoSun charger or trickle charge with the sun. Plus the USB adapter on the flashlight means that it too can be an alternate charging source for your portable goods.
This rechargeable flashlight packs 280 lumens of on-demand light. With an integrated solar cell is has the ability to recharge. It has a lantern mode to make it a small solar lantern, It also has spotlight ability and you can engage emergency mode.
The solar panel is designed to extend the battery life. To fully recharge the battery quickly, use the USB charge port, or connect to a larger solar panel.Shop GoSun's Solar Light ➞
Solar Lamp 50
This portable solar light provides 50 lumen of light. The lower setting provides 20 lumens of light for more than 6 hours; a perfect solar lantern which is ideal for reading, cooking or lighting up your home.
- Weighs only 6 ounces - great for backpacking and camping
- full day of sunshine will completely recharge the battery
The GoSun Solar Panel 10 is a solar cell phone charger that easily folds up and produces an incredible amount of electricity to charge all your USB devices. It can charge up your phone with its built-in USB port as fast at your plug-in outlet.
It is perfect for charging your devices using nothing but sunshine. Under full sun, this will charge about at fast as a typical wall outlet charger.
• Weight: 0.65 lb (0.3kg)
• Power output: 10 Watts
• Dimensions: 7" L x 10.5" W x .02" D
• Weather-resistant, collapsible design
A lightweight solar oven that can go anywhere with you, the GoSun Go Portable Solar Cooker lets you ditch cooking fuel and still bake, boil, fry, steam or roast in almost any weather.
• Works the same year-round; the tube's insulation means there's no temperature too cold to cook—and it'll still work, even on a cloudy day
• 2 lb. protected package zips into a durable EVA foam hardshell case
• Cooks most meals in 20-30 min. with a 13.5oz/400ml capacity
• Boil water and make 13.5 oz of tea or coffee in approximately 30 min.
• Great for dried foods: just tilt vertical to boil liquids and pour into the bag
• Once heated, liquids stay hot and ready for hours
• Cooking from 360° so there's no reason to worry about burning
• Includes: solar vacuum tube, built-in hard shell zipper case, GoSun dial, stainless steel cooking tray, silicone cap, silicone GoSun cooking pans, scrubby brush for cleaning
• Heats up to 550°F
• The strength of your shadow is a great indicator of the oven's current cooking power; the darker and sharper, the better
Heat Output (per burner): Full sun: 50+ watts
Dimensions: Closed: 14.2 x 7 x 3.4 inches
Weight: 2 pounds