Battery-powered and solar-powered innovation is occurring at a blinding pace in every major part of the American economy. From cars to energy to refrigeration, the Sun is doing more than it has ever done before in our modern economy. With that in mind, GoSun is incredibly excited for its own new lineup of products in 2021.
Others are excited too, which is why GoSun has been named a CES 2021 Innovation Awards Honoree by the Consumer Technology Association. Specifically, it was honored for the GoSun Flow, a solar-powered water purifier in the category of Sustainability, Eco-Design & Smart Energy.
The GoSun Flow can function as a portable handwashing station, hot shower, and a source of clean drinking water, to name just a few of the options.
Here's what GoSun's CEO had to say:
“We are ecstatic to be honored by CTA for our innovative Flow, a solar-powered clean water and sanitation system that underscores GoSun’s goal of creating products that allow us to always be prepared while not having to rely on fuel. GoSun is committed to making the highest quality and most accessible solar-powered products that can be relied on, day in and day out, and the Flow is a seriously great innovation that we will introduce at CES 2021. Particularly in these uncertain times, being able to pump, purify and deliver large amounts of clean water is essential. The flow also allows you an easy way to wash your hands any time, anywhere.
The reason that the GoSun Flow won the award was for its unique features. It provides filtered water at the flip of a switch, recharges with the Sun and offers more ways to hydrate. The Flow doesn't require pumping, sucking, straining or waiting. Even better, instead of manual pumping, GoSun Flow’s USB-powered pump does the work, pumping over 100 gallons of water on a single charge. It's easily recharged or powered with the Sun.
Here's what else the Flow includes:
- Collapsible Sink: The collapsible sink fills up to nine liters, folds down to just two inches and the integrated basket handles make it easy to carry a full load.
- Filter: It does not require backflushing or rinsing, yet it lasts for up to 1,000 liters.
- Pump: Drawing only two watts, this diaphragm pump can move about one liter per minute while running on any USB source. No regular maintenance, plus the pump is fully serviceable for years of water delivery.
- Flex Faucet with Clamp and Switch: A faucet, showerhead, clamp and switch assembly in one, this highly flexible element sets up anywhere in seconds. The clamp can fit up to two inches and the flexible hose can be positioned in any direction.
- Powerbank: This lithium ion battery storage bank is a game changer. The 18.5WH Powerbank can run the Flow for hours. If you have extra charge left over, the Powerbank can also charge a phone.
The Flow is ideal all sorts of situations: camping, boating, off-grid, emergency-preparedness and more. At just 2.75 pounds, it travels easily. According to Sherwin, “With today’s amazing technology, why limit your water filter to a single function? Now when you’re traveling, camping or just out and about, you have everything and the kitchen sink. “
The 2021 CES Innovation Award is another accolade for GoSun. It was previously honored by CTA with a 2019 Climate Change Innovator Award and was Chosen as CTA’s 2017 Small Business of the Year.